Smartcat Classroom's first 8-week course, providing aspiring translators with personalised guidance and coaching as they launch their freelance translation business.
The course will be limited to 10 participants (minimum 3) so that each can benefit from individual feedback at each stage of the course. There will be exclusive, live, interactive webinars each week (with available replay for participants who miss the live session), as well as worksheets and practical tasks designed to guide each translator on their path to launching a successful freelancing business.
The themes covered each week will be as follows, although some flexibility will be allowed for to adapt to participants’ needs and expectations:
WEEK 1: SETTING GOALS
WEEK 2: ESTABLISHING YOUR BUSINESS
WEEK 3: PLANNING OUT YOUR PATH
WEEK 4: SETTING RATES
WEEK 5: YOUR CV & ONLINE PRESENCE
WEEK 6: PITCHES & PRESENTATION
WEEK 7: WORKING WITH AGENCIES
WEEK 8: CONTACTING DIRECT CLIENTS
At the end of this course, participants will have:
- clearly defined their professional goals
- mapped out a path and essential benchmarks to grow their business
- officially established their business and created an online presence
- decided on rates and services
- created an attractive CV and sent it out to at least 100 agencies
- practiced a pitch and crafted an effective presentation letter
- begun contacting specific direct clients
Una runs webinars and courses for aspiring translators when she is not herself translating film scripts and policy reports, proofreading PhDs or subtitling documentaries.
She enjoys helping others find their way in the world of translation, providing support as they navigate complex issues like how much to charge, how to network and when to say no!
You can find out more about her services on unadtranslation.com and thetranslatorsaunt.com.